WordCamp Jackson will take place on the second floor of the Consumers Energy Innovation Center located in downtown Jackson, Michigan. The CEIC is pretty shiny and new, having opened in 2016 as a place for business collaboration and innovation. You can read more about the purpose of the CEIC here. We think it’s going to be perfect for WordCamp Jackson and thank Consumers Energy for hosting us!
If you have a GPS enabled phone: Directions to the venue from your current location.
From Ann Arbor or Kalamazoo on I-94:
- Take exit 139/Cooper and head south.
- Keep following cooper 1.2 miles then Right onto N Francis St.
- Take another Right onto E Ganson St.
- Take a Left onto N Jackson St.
- Either take a right onto Pearl St. to get to the parking lot, or continue one more street and take a left onto Michigan Ave. The Consumers Energy Innovation Center will be slightly down the block on the right hand side.
Coming from 127 south:
- Take exit 34 and follow Brooklyn Rd. /Cooper St. Into Jackson.
- Take a Left onto N Franklin St.
- Take a Right onto N Jackson St.
- Either take a right onto Michigan Ave to get to the venue.The Consumers Energy Innovation Center will be slightly down the block on the right hand side. Or continue up N Jackson St. and take a left onto Pearl St. to get to the parking lot.
Coming from M-60 West:
- Exit the highway and follow Spring Arbor Rd.
- When Spring Arbor Rd. Ts, Turn Left onto Brown St.
- Stay on Brown St. and turn Right onto Washington (3rd intersection).
- Follow Washington Ave. Then take a Left onto S Jackson St.
- Either turn Right on Michigan Ave to get to the venue, slightly down the block, or continue past Michigan Ave and turn Left on Pearl to get to the parking lot.
Consumers Energy has provided a parking lot for WordCamp attendees. Free parking is behind the Jackson District Library, across Pearl St. There is also limited street-side parking along Michigan Ave.