Volunteers will be on the ground, meeting attendees, helping out with speakers and helping to make sure that this first WordCamp Jackson is just how we want a fine and welcoming WordCamp to be.
We are looking for people who are enthusiastic, organized, energetic, and who love WordPress.
As a volunteer at WordCamp Jackson, you will:
- Get an inside look at the planning stages of the conference
- Be an essential part of the event on the day
- Have the opportunity to meet interesting WordPress people
- Be on the ground, meeting WordCamp attendees from all over the area
- Receive an exclusive, volunteer-only t-shirt
- Receive kudos for your time, attention and efforts
What Do We Need Help With?
We need people to help out beforehand and on the weekend. We’ll try and give you a task that suits you and we’ll make sure everybody can actually enjoy the WordCamp as well: you won’t be parked at the door all day. Tasks that you may find yourself doing include:
- Processing registration
- Keep and eye on the entrance
- Putting together swag bags
- Helping out at lunch time
- Helping speakers
- Running around with microphones during Q&A sessions
- Moving people around
- General administration
What Should I Expect?
Volunteers are expected to arrive in the early morning. If you wanna help out on Friday or the days before, let us know in the application.
We are unable to cover expenses for volunteers, which means that if you want to get involved, you will need to cover the costs of traveling to and staying in Jackson.
Great! How do I sign up?
Fill in the form below and we’ll keep your posted.
In mean time, don’t buy your ticket yet. If you’re selected as a WordCamp volunteer, you get one free ticket.